Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Laryngitis.

"Raising your voice, screaming is an absolute no-no." The doctor, who himself looked like could use some kich kich hatao stuff told me.

Laryngitis is surely a pain in the neck! Get that? A pain in the neck! Ha ha ha. Ok. Thats one week of whispering more sweet nothings to everyone. The only thought in my mind then was,

"No screaming. No screaming. No screaming...."

"Taxi!" I whispered humbly to the door keeper of the building.

"Sardar Vallabh Road, House 134," another humble whisper to the taxi driver.

Thoughts are like fishes in aquariums. Swimming on and on in circles in your head, stopping for micro seconds and staring dumbly into your eyes.

I woke up into darkness. Groggily feeling hands on me and silence shaking me up. Pulling open my eyes, I saw the taxi driver with me in the back seat. The car was in some part I couldn't make out, dark and silent with a field of very tall grass right in front. The driver was leering at me. Dirtily, if I could make out in the dark. I felt his hands groping my body clumsily and I had a thousand worms teeming up from inside me. I opened my mouth to scream and then I remebered the doctor's warning. He had said, "No screaming "
And I sat there, "No screaming, no screaming, no screaming, no screaming, no screaming, no screaming, no screaming, no screaming, no screaming, no screaming, no screaming, no screaming."

4 comments:

Muhammad Riyaz said...

Thoughts are like fishes in aquariums. Swimming on and on in circles in your head, stopping for micro seconds and staring dumbly into your eyes.

Great saying. Fishes do not scream. They do not make any point. They just remain - doing the do-nothing job forever. For someone to see and relax. If we cannot scream ever - we will be the fishes in the pot.

kookkikunhaayishaaaaaaaaaaaaa

clash said...

No screaming.. Agreed.. but what about "teeth & nails" -recommended by our "rashtra pithaavu" ??

Anonymous said...

disturbing...a thought that left no saliva in the mouth...

then i think somewhere beyond dreams and shadowed colours of fantasies, reality has never let me "scream"...i wish i could though!
-dhanya

fawazabdulla said...

i like the fishy thoughts. A very good description of "all the elements of epiphany" that wander below the eyes.... mabrook mabrook